Sunday, September 12, 2010

Drag (The life of a different kind of queen)

I haven't been very active lately with my blog, partly because of the normal insanity of real life and preparation for a group exhibit that I'm really proud and exited to be part of.

However I felt compelled to get started on a new project sooner rather than later, a new photo book, something that I can use as a portfolio but also dedicate to a specific theme. The book will be called Drag "the life of a different kind of queen" The ultimate goal is to show the human side of the lives of Drag Queens, as performers, as men, as women, as people...

This will take about 6 months if not more, but I'm excited. I'm looking forward to learn more about the beautiful craft of photography and learn more about Drag Queens, a new journey!


I want to thank the lovely Markida Brown and Icesis Couture , they were wonderful models, and great contributors to the start of this project. Fantastic performers!

From Photographs by Francesco E


The book will be essay-documentary style, the processing will be an influence from film and non typical commercial style. That is subject to change as this project progresses.

From Photographs by Francesco E


From Photographs by Francesco E


From Photographs by Francesco E


From Photographs by Francesco E


From Photographs by Francesco E


From Photographs by Francesco E



From Photographs by Francesco E


All images on this blog are © 2010 Francesco Esposito